24th August 2017
Eco World is Malaysia’s No.1 Employer for the second year running
KUALA LUMPUR: Property developer Eco World Development Group Berhad (EcoWorld) took home the coveted AON ‘Best of the Best Employers in Malaysia’ Award today for the second year running.
The annual AON Best Employers Award rates employers based on four criteria; high employee engagement, effective leadership, a compelling brand and high performance culture. EcoWorld first made it to the list in 2015 as one of the top employers in Malaysia. In 2016 and again this year, the Group clinched the top overall spot as “Best of the Best Employers in Malaysia”.
President & CEO of EcoWorld, Dato’ Chang Khim Wah said that EcoWorld is truly honoured to receive this recognition for the second time as it is an amazing feat for a young company.
“Over the past four years, we’ve worked hard to expand EcoWorld’s presence in Malaysia as well as abroad through Eco World International. We are a young company with strong solid values and we’ve always put our people, Team EcoWorld as a priority believing that a winning team is the single most important asset for a company,” said Chang.
He said that this win is a nod to the Group’s good talent management policies and initiatives that encourage continuous employee engagement and empowerment.
Divisional General Manager, Group Talent Management of EcoWorld, Angelin Low said, “Keeping our team of 1,200 people engaged is the key to EcoWorld’s growth. We believe that constant interaction and communication reminds everyone of our goals and vision. It allows our people to be empowered and embrace their work with passion.”
According to AON, EcoWorld was consistent in its high score in all four criteria that companies are judged in. The judging panel was made up of independent judges with all company names masked to ensure no biasness.
EcoWorld has a host of initiatives and policies to ensure that the workplace is conducive and enjoyable for all employees. Amongst the many efforts rolled out:
- Professional Women’s Network (PWN). On International Women’s Day 2015 (8 March), EcoWorld launched PWN, which includes all EcoWorld female employees. It features a series of structured learning events to empower and help women realise their full potential on the professional front. The EcoWorld Women’s Summit was held for the second time in March 2017 with sharing by women leaders such as the British High Commissioner to Malaysia Viki Treadell, TalentCorp CEO Shareen Shariza Dato’ Abdul Ghani, IBM Malaysia Managing Director Chong Chye Neo, Kaki Seni President Low Ngai Yuen, Hong Leong Investment Bank CEO Lim Jim Leng and model actress Bernie Chan.
- EcoWorld’s Parents’ Network. Branching out of PWN, the Parents’ Network is dedicated to help parents in areas pertaining to childcare and parenting related issues
- The Pink Possible Campaign. This initiative focuses on the health and wellbeing of employees. A series of campaigns such as Weight Management, Quit Smoking, Healthy Lunch, Cancer Awareness and Blood Donation Drive are held all year-long
- Childcare Leave. Employees with children 12 years old and below can apply in the event their child falls sick
- Flexible Work Arrangement. Employees can opt for Staggered Work Hours or School Holidays Work Arrangements should the need arises
- A Supportive Physical Environment. Special parking lots are given to expectant mothers. Nursing rooms and emergency childcare rooms are also available