Board Diversity Policy
The Board Diversity Policy (“the Policy”) sets out the approach to diversity on the Boards of Directors of Eco World Development Group Berhad (“EcoWorld Malaysia”) (“the Board”).
The Policy applies to the Board of EcoWorld Malaysia.
Diversity in a boardroom can be broadly categorised into the following elements:
- Skills, expertise and experience
- EcoWorld Malaysia believes in diversity and values the benefits that diversity can bring to its Board. Diversity promotes the inclusion of different perspectives and ideas, mitigates against groupthink and ensures that the Company has the opportunity to benefit from all available talent. The promotion of a diverse Board makes prudent business sense and promotes better corporate governance.
- The Company seeks to maintain a Board comprising talented and dedicated directors with a diverse mix of skills, expertise, experience, gender, age and independence. The diversity collectively represented on the Board should reflect the diverse nature of the business environment in which EcoWorld Malaysia operates.
- The Company is committed to a merit based system for Board composition within a diverse and inclusive culture which solicits multiple perspectives and views and is free of conscious or unconscious bias and discrimination. When assessing Board composition or identifying suitable candidates for appointment or re-election to the Board, EcoWorld Malaysia will consider candidates on merit against objective criteria having due regard to the benefits of diversity and the needs of the Board.
- The Board will periodically assess the skills, expertise, experience, gender, age and independence of its directors in light of the needs of the Board.
- The Nomination Committee will review this policy periodically to assess its effectiveness in promoting a diverse Board which includes an appropriate number of women directors. Any revisions to the Policy as recommended by the Nomination Committee will be submitted to the Board for consideration and approval.